Thursday, October 23, 2014

Crazy Week




Day 49 Thessaloniki, Greece> Macedonia > Thessaloniki

Tanner and I were set to leave Greece and hitchhike our way to another country.  Where ever it may be.  We still have a box of 350 ties, which is not an easy thing to carry. 
 

 
We decided to try to get to Macedonia, since it was the nearest country with the border being only an hour away.  After waiting about 4 hours we finally get a ride from a guy who was heading straight north.  As we are going over the Greek-Macedonia border, our car is randomly searched by the Macedonia border patrol.  Apparently you can't just bring 350 ties across a border :).  There was a tax would have had to pay, probably 300 Euros or so.  Our other option, head back to Greece.  We ended up taking a taxi and going back to our couchsurfers place in Greece.  Time for a team meeting.
 
Days 50-52 Thessaloniki, Greece
Tanner and I discussed options for selling ties.  After a lot of thought, I was over the idea of selling them on the streets or to businesses.  We still plan to sell them over the internet in the US soon so stayed tuned!  Since I am running out of money, I basically figured I have 2 weeks to a month left of funds.  So I looked up a cheap flight to anywhere and found one to Barcelona.  As I head out on my travels alone, I had to thank Tanner for motivating me to do this trip.  He is just going to keep on going around the world. I have had a lot of firsts on our time traveling together.

First time I have:

-Traveled abroad...
-hitchhiked
-been stuck in between 2 country borders ( this has happened twice now!)
-backpacked
-stayed at a hostel
-hand washed my clothes and hung them out to dry
-couchsurfed
-been sick from drinking dirty public water
-climbed a big statue
-sent a postcard
-been the "smelly guy" on a public bus (maybe I was before but one day it was awful!)
-ate octopus
-been in bathrooms that have no toilets, you just squat with a hole underneath you.
-tried selling ties in the streets

-thrown a football on top of a helicopter pad while on a ferry boat in the middle of the ocean

Cheers to more adventures!

Days 53 and 54 Thessaloniki, Greece > Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona is like the Miami of Europe.

 
 
 
 
Day 55 Barcelona, Spain > Marseilles, France
 
I was staying at hostel while in Barcelona and I met 8 Croations who have been traveling around Europe in a van they rented.  They had to head back to Croatia so I asked if I could hop in with them.  They gave me a ride from Barcelona to this coastal city called Marseilles in France.  This place is probably the most amazing city I have ever seen.  Castles, water, mountains, churches, everything!!!  I guess my plan is get up tomorrow and try to hitchhike to Paris.  Either way I am wanting to head north to Amsterdam so I may just go through Switzerland and Germany instead.  I guess it all just depends on who ever picks me up and where they are going!  Prost! :)
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 







 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment