Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ideas and Updates



In this 2nd blog I'm brainstorming ideas and updates of the trip.  As I mentioned in the first blog, I am heading to Europe on August 29th and traveling with my buddy Tanner. My excitement level is through the roof!  I can't sleep at night and I have dreams about people speaking in languages that don't even exist. I was going to talk about what I am planning on taking on the trip but then realized you guys don't really care how many pairs of socks I bring, so lets get this party started...!!!

Ideas:

So Tanner and I Skype and have discussed a few random ideas for the trip:

1.  One potential project is video taping me trying to pick up girls on the streets of each country. Tanner will hide in the bushes like a creep taking video of me using a microphone and spitting game.  The catch is I can only speak in the country's native language.  Example:  If I am in Spain I will approach a girl and try a pick up line in Spanish :

"Ojala fuera bizco para verte dos veces".  Translation: I wish I was cross eyed, so I could see you twice.


So I need to do some research of pick-up lines in other languages (as well as Spanish) and we will put these to the test and see how well I fare in each country.  This has YouTube video written all over it or at least just a lot of rejection.

2. Tanner suggested getting a motorcycle and sidecar so we ride around like Batman and Robin in Europe.  At first it sounded like a great idea, then I pictured us driving in the Alps.  Tanner has a French supermodel groping him well I'm riding "Han Solo" in the sidecar complaining about leg room.  Talk about 3rd wheeling it (pun intended)!  Also I don't want the sidecar to become unnattached at 80 MPH.  I think we'll stick with hitchhiking for now.

3. Dress as a gladiator in Athens ,Greece and be a street performer.  Have tourists take pictures of us while we take in a little income.

Updates:

Here are some things I'd like to share:

1.  I received a great gift from a buddy (thanks Seth). It's a new shirt of a map of the entire globe!  I plan on wearing this everyday of the trip that way if I am lost or I am helping someone with directions, all I do is have to look at the shirt!





2.  I'm doing some last minute fundraising for the trip.  I'm running a black market neck tie business out of my parents van as a 2nd job. I picked up a couple of interns off the street (my nephews). What these guys lack in sales skills they make up for in heart and hustle.  Tanner did the business transactions to get the ties and I am just the blue collar sales man.

So far I have sold 54 ties.  They are $10 each and 100% hand made silk! I have 400 left in 35 different styles.  Let me know if you are interested.  I can mail them to you.  Business motto: 100% customer satisfaction. :)



3.  I am getting a lot of questions in regards to when we will be in certain countries and what our itinerary is. We don't plan on mapping a route out just because anything can happen!  Like for instance after Turkey, we will likely head to Greece, but if 3 hot girls want us to go to Romania with them we're probably not going to turn that down. :)



*****The last thing is a little trivia: Guess the population of Istanbul, Turkey.  Comment below without looking up the answer.  Anyone with-in one million of the actual number will receive a small gift from the country of their choice.  I'm cutting this off after 5 people guess.  Also if you have any clever ideas for the trip/blog feel free to give feedback. :)


















5 comments:

  1. Population of Istanbul huh? Well it's a HUGE city, bigger than NYC that has 8 million just in Manhattan...so my best guess is 13 million people. I also have some ideas for your trip:
    1. First off, gladiators were in Rome, not so much Greece. But you could still dress pretty much the same and tell people in Athens that you're Hercules; tourists will eat that up.
    2. Learn an instrument, or have Tanner learn one (even the bongos will work), and perform interpretive dance for tips...or for people to make you stop.
    3. Challenge people to dance offs in major cities; record the epicness and hilarity. That's YouTube gold right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. I don't see us picking up an instrument, but I definently like the dance off ideas. You are not with-in 1 million though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 14.1 Million. So since you are with-in a million You win! I'll send you a post card from the country of your choice. Since your name is Paris, I'm guessing it will be a selfie of me in front of the Eiffle Tower. Perfect!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Lyndy, you should have said 13.1 million.

    ReplyDelete